Family time can take you places
Riding with children
Children love buses and trains! Sound Transit wants your ride to be as enjoyable as possible, so here are a few pointers.
Children under six ride free with a paying adult on Sound Transit buses and trains. Youth ages six to 18 pay reduced fares. (The exception is Tacoma Link, which is free for all passengers.)
- ST Express buses: $1.25 (one county) or $2.50 (multi-county)
- Central Link light rail: $1.25
- Sounder trains: between $2.00 and $3.75 (depending on distance travelled)
Learn more about fares & passes.
- Stick together! Hold hands and board as a group so no one is left behind.
- Especially on Link light rail, the doors open for only a short time. Be prepared to board and get everyone settled quickly.
- Link light rail trains and most ST Express buses have level boarding, so you can roll a stroller directly onboard.
- Sounder trains and some ST Express buses have a couple of steps up to enter the vehicle, so it's easier to fold your stroller and carry it with you.
- Do not store strollers in wheelchair or senior priority seating areas.
- Do not block aisles and exits.
- Covered drinks (including baby bottles) are OK. Eating is not.
- Sounder trains have small restrooms and water fountains.